Monday, October 18, 2010

A day in the life of a poor college student!

9:30AM: I wake up, hope I have enough gas to get to faculty hall, grab an apple (.99 at kroger) and hit the door. I'm so busy, it seems I never have a break. Four papers are due, just this week for me, a sophomore taking 15 hours at MSU. I mean come on, they assume we college students don't have anything to do but study. But I guess that's the price we pay for a good education, not to mention the tuition I work for on the weekends.


I need to get to Wal-Mart and buy some groceries so I can eat something more than the Mac & Cheese I got for a dollar at big lots but I'd rather spend the money on gas so I can go home this weekend and eat some real food with my family. So I'll go light tonight and enjoy a big meal tomorrow. Oh the sacrifices..


The good news is that business's in college towns like Murray Kentucky feel sorry for us and take pity on our slim bank accounts by offering student discounts, coupons and deals.


In this blog i'll be giving you the heads up on ways to get more and spend less. You'll have insight on good shopping, good eating and near free entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment